Monday, August 18, 2008

Triple Chocolate Love

It's been awhile, I know. I've been out in the wilderness, foraging. Ok, perhaps that's not true since I live in Brooklyn, but I saw a commercial tonight that couldn't be ignored.

The product itself looks delicious as hell: Triple Chocolate M&Ms, a combination of dark, milk, and white chocolate. If these photos are to be believed, then woaaaah, I might have to revert back to my bad habit of ice cream and M&Ms for dinner.

Despite the wondrous idea of a layered chocolate confection, I have a slight beef with the commercials. Sexualized talking chocolate is just weird. Yeah, they're poking fun at the genre, but I'm a tad freaked out nonetheless. Maybe I'm just prude.



Or maybe these really should turn us on... if you've had 'em, report back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this commercial.
It really bugs me because of how sexist it is. Having only one female character, and making her all about sex, is sexist. I hate the male characters lusting after her, and I hate her stilettos. The last time I checked, none of my female colleagues were wearing stilettos. I can tell that men created this. Yuck.