Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Woman I Want to Become

So I'm watching the Oscars (only having seen two of the films: Michael Clayton and Ratatouille), and there was an incredible American Express commercial on just now. It wasn't flashy- just a celebrity voiceover and a glimpse into her life. I was rummaging in the fridge looking for a snack when it came on.

The first sentence grabbed me though: "I didn't know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become."

Those words etched themselves into my mind, and my head poked out of the fridge, to see Diane von Furstenberg. "Fashion was absolutely an accident in my life. As a result of that, I was becoming independent and I was becoming more and more the woman I wanted to be."

As soon as I find a video, I'll post it. Strong message, very confident. The Oscars are becoming the second biggest ad buy next to the Superbowl, but so far, only this one stood out. (The user-created Dove ads were a tad lackluster I thought.)

No comments: